What Personal Information Does the App Collect?
When you install the App, we are automatically able to access certain types of information from your Shopify account:
- We store Shopify app access tokens during the app installation process.
- We’re able to access basic store details, like the store name and currency type by using widgets.
- We’re able to read orders from the past 60 days and ongoing orders using webhooks. We store this data to generate recommended products for our ‘Also Bought’ and ‘Frequently Bought Together’ widgets.
- We use ongoing order data to track the revenue generated by the App and will display it in the App Analytics dashboard.
- We read product data and store it to use with our recommendations API.
Additionally, it should be noted that we don’t collect personal information from you and/or your customers once you have installed the App.
- We don’t collect any personal information for customer registration, since we only use the basic details of the store from the API.
- We don’t collect or store any information about buyers, including their names, contact details, or billing information.
- We don’t collect or store any personal information about merchants or buyers, including their IP address, web browser details, time zone, or information about cookies installed on the device.
- We don’t use any tracking technology such as “pixels” or “cookies”.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the personal information we collect from you and your customers in order to provide the Service and to operate the App. Additionally, we only use this personal information to: communicate with you, and optimize or improve the App.
Sharing Your Personal Information
In specific cases, our customer support information will only be shared with a 3rd party app that is primarily used to provide app support [More information here ]. Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
We do not use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work. You can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records.
- We read and store your past order data (for a period of 60 days) and also ongoing order data for the recommendations API.
- If you uninstall the app, all your store related data will be deleted from our database.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by email at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
CodeRapper, 579, 9th A Main Rd, First Stage, Defence Colony, Indiranagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India 560038